Texas Online Tax Registration Application
Do I need a Sales Tax Permit?
Complete this application if you are engaged in business in Texas and...
- sell or lease tangible personal property in Texas; or
- sell taxable services in Texas.
Who does not need a Sales Tax Permit?
- Independent reps of direct sales organizations (direct sales organizations are required to collect sales tax from the independent distributors);
- Persons requesting a sales tax permit solely for the purpose of purchasing items at wholesale prices;
- Persons registering for an Ag/Timber Exemption Number to purchase certain items used in the production of agricultural and timber products. Go to Ag/Timber Exemption Registration.
You may register for the following taxes and fees:
- Sales and Use Tax
- 911 Surcharge and Fees
- Sales Tax Surcharge on Diesel Equipment
- Fireworks Tax
- Sole owner’s social security number.
- Partnership social security numbers or federal employer’s identification numbers for each partner.
- Texas corporation’s file number from the Texas Secretary of State.
- All corporations’ social security numbers for each officer or director.
- North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code required for all businesses. Look up NAICS code.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Parents/legal guardians may apply for a permit on behalf of a minor.
Adobe Reader and a printer are required in order to print your signature form.
You must mail or fax the signature form to our office to receive your sales tax permit. Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive your permit.
Already Have a Permit?
If you already have an active Sales Tax Permit, you can update your existing account:
FEDERAL PRIVACY ACT - Disclosure of your Social Security number is required and authorized under law, for the purpose of tax administration and identification of any individual affected by applicable law, 42 U.S.C. §405(c)(2)(C)(i); Tex. Govt. Code §§403.011 and 403.078. Release of information on this form in response to a public information request will be governed by the Public Information Act, Chapter 552, Government Code, and applicable federal law.
Under Ch. 559, Government Code, you are entitled to review, request and correct information we have on file about you, with limited exceptions, in accordance with Ch. 552, Government Code. To request information for review or to request error correction, contact us at the address or phone number listed on this form.