Texas Online Tax Registration Application
The Comptroller's office will be launching an updated version of the Online Tax Registration Application this coming Sunday, December 8, 2013. As a result, this application will be UNAVAILABLE from Sunday at 12:01 a.m. until 5 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
- Any applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. Saturday night will be processed.
- Incomplete applications will not be restored in the new application.
- Applicants will need an eSystems user account to access the new application.
New Permit Applicant?
Complete the Texas Online Tax Registration Application to get a Sales Tax Permit.
You may register for the following taxes and fees:
- Sales and Use Tax
- 911 Surcharge and Fees
- Sales Tax Surcharge on Diesel Equipment
- Fireworks Tax
Before You Begin:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it installed.
- Access to a printer
Adobe Reader and a printer are required in order to print your signature form.
- Sole owner’s social security number.
- Partnership social security numbers or federal employer’s identification numbers for each partner.
- Texas corporation’s file number from the Texas Secretary of State.
- All corporations’ social security numbers for each officer or director.
- NAICS code required for all businesses
You must mail or fax the signature form to our office to receive your sales tax permit. Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive your permit.
Already Have a Permit?
If you already have an active Sales Tax Permit, you can update your existing account:
FEDERAL PRIVACY ACT - Disclosure of your Social Security number is required and authorized under law, for the purpose of tax administration and identification of any individual affected by applicable law, 42 U.S.C. §405(c)(2)(C)(i); Tex. Govt. Code §§403.011 and 403.078. Release of information on this form in response to a public information request will be governed by the Public Information Act, Chapter 552, Government Code, and applicable federal law.
Under Ch. 559, Government Code, you are entitled to review, request and correct information we have on file about you, with limited exceptions, in accordance with Ch. 552, Government Code. To request information for review or to request error correction, contact us at the address or phone number listed on this form.